Monday 14 April 2008

The joys of exercise

No, I am serious. I went for a proper cycle this morning and I feel great. Which reminded me of a caller to the Talk Back with Attitude show on 3CR last week. They were saying that rather than pumping money into a public dental service, the Government in Victoria should make toothbrushes, toothpaste and similar dental care essentials free (fancy stuff you pay for!).

I don't think this is a bad idea - but I don't see why it should be restricted to dental care. Public gyms and other health care activities help to make society healthier - and are probably more cost effective than large anti-smoking campaigns.... oh, and free tampons too, please!

No comments:

Blogging at the end of the world

That's what it feels like. The country I live in is on fire, the apocalypse is with us. A thousand homes burnt to the ground. Communitie...