Thursday 31 January 2008

Cuts and bruises

Today was the first day for Drusilla (my vampire, blood-sucking bike) and I to encounter that great international phenomenon, RUSH HOUR. We both survived, but having got through that comparatively unscathed, I took her out for a spin down by the Yarra Bend park. Now for those of you in Malaysia, this is one of the delights of living in Abbotsford, a green stretch of parkland, with a real river (not those drains that run through central KL) running through the middle of it. We rode up to the bridge, but then I ignored the injunctions to *get off the bike* and continued riding. It was, quite literally, my downfall. So new scrapes and bruises, for once on my arms. My legs, at least, are relieved.

Helped out at 3CR today, first producing the Talkback show - producing being a fancy name for 'answering the phones', then doing reception (answering the phones, slightly differently) and then panelling for another show in the afternoon. The latter was a bit hectic but fun.

It's now getting dark and I'm going out for dinner. Given Dru's vampiric nature, I suspect it best to leave her at home....

No comments:

Blogging at the end of the world

That's what it feels like. The country I live in is on fire, the apocalypse is with us. A thousand homes burnt to the ground. Communitie...